Why You Should Buy Khadi Sarees Online According to Your Body Shape
India is well-known across the globe for its rich traditional culture and vibrant fashion taste. Due to the huge variety of styles available, Indian fashion has marked its statement worldwide in the past few years. Talking about Indian clothing history, Khadi is one of the most important fabrics in existence. India is one of the top manufacturers of Khadi fabric.
Khadi is a trend today, and thus, wearing a Khadi saree makes one stunningly pretty. In this article, we would be talking about Khadi sarees and who all should buy khadi sarees online.
About Khadi Sarees
Khadi is an Indian term that has evolved from the word ‘khaddar,’ which means handspun fabric. It can be crafted from silk, cotton, or woolen yarn. For Indians, Khadi is not only a fashion fabric but also a reminder of the Indian history of freedom and struggle. The person behind making Khadi a freedom fabric is the Father of the Nation – Mahatma Gandhi. During the pre-independence era, Khadi was the primary source of employment in India.
Khadi is handspun and handwoven; however, this does not make it similar to handloom. Handloom fabrics are generally made at mills, while Khadi fabrics are completely handmade. It easily blends with other fabrics to make Matka khadi, raw silk, ponduru khadi, khadi pattu, tussar khadi, banarasi khadi, etc.
Initially, khadi sarees were only worn by the older generation or the politicians. However, today many youngsters are going for the desi look and flaunting khadi sarees on different occasions. Many fashion designers have also started making khadi sarees to promote this fabric. Several celebrities can be spotted wearing Khadi sarees as they are both stylish and comfortable.
Features of Khadi Sarees
Khadi sarees have gained wide recognition in the global market, and thus one should buy khadi sarees online. The features that set them apart from others are as follows:
- Khadi sarees are flexible. They are warm in winters and cool in summers.
- When Khadi is starched, it gives a stiffer feeling and thus enhances your look.
- Khadi is an expensive fabric that gives a royal and rich look.
- It is durable and lasts for a long time.
- Khadi sarees shrink by less than 3% after their first wash.
Preferred Body Type for Khadi Sarees
One of the best things about Khadi sarees is that they are suitable for different age groups. The right khadi saree can easily hide any body-flaws and, at the same time, enhance true beauty. However, there are some preferred body types for wearing khadi sarees. Below are some tips on how to select the right Khadi saree according to your body shape:
- Pear Shaped body: If you have a pear-shaped body, your body’s bottom portion would be comparatively heavier than your upper body. For such body types, khadi georgette sarees would work the best. You can go for bold and bright colored sarees with small prints or embroidery work.
- Apple Shaped Body: Women with such body shapes are plump around the stomach and bust. Sarees made from Khadi silk with embroidery work would go well with such body type. You can pair it with a long-sleeve blouse as it takes the attention away from your waist and stomach. Women with apple-shaped bodies should avoid wearing see-through or net sarees.
- Plump Shaped Body: If you have a plump body shape, it is recommended to wear lightweight sarees such as Khadi georgette sarees. This would give a slim look, especially if the saree is dark-colored. Full sleeve blouses generally go well with these sarees as they hide the excess weight.
- Overweight Body Shape: Women who are overweight should wear chiffon and silk Khadi sarees. Overweight women should avoid wearing cotton sarees as they show their body weight. Make sure to wear a full sleeve or a long sleeve blouse along.
- Slim and Short Body: One should go for Khadi chiffon or georgette sarees if the body shape is slim and short. Avoid sarees that have big prints and heavy borders.
- Slim and Tall Body: For slim and tall women, a Khadi pure silk saree would look amazing. Having bold prints or thick borders would do wonders for the look as well.
Most women buy khadi sarees online as they bring out the originality of pure Indian sarees. Khadi sarees can be worn on all occasions as they scream elegance and class.
India is well-known across the globe for its rich traditional culture and vibrant fashion taste. Due to the huge variety of styles available, Indian fashion has marked its statement worldwide in the past few years. Talking about Indian clothing history, Khadi is one of the most important fabrics in existence. India is one of the…